Chiropractic Neck Adjustment: What Does it Do?
If you experience persistent neck discomfort and have never considered chiropractic therapy, it may be time to investigate your pain reduction choices and the advantages of chiropractic neck corrections. Revolution Chiropractic Murfreesboro wants all patients to be thoroughly educated and informed about chiropractic therapy. Our whole health concept includes all-natural treatments intended to aid in the healing of your neck and give long-term comfort.
What is a neck adjustment?
A neck adjustment is also known as cervical manipulation, and it is a sophisticated chiropractic procedure that is used to:
- ease neck muscle tension
- manage migraines and headaches
- realign your upper spine
Neck adjustments are natural alternatives to surgical procedures and medications, and they can only be performed safely and successfully by a chiropractor. These physical procedures may include using specific devices like a traction table, or they may just require your neck and the hands of your chiropractor.
How does a chiropractor adjust your neck?
Chiropractic treatment targets cervical spine issue management aims to achieve (but not limited to) a combination of the following:
- Alleviate pain
- Enhance mobility
- Bring the head and neck back to life
These objectives are often met by employing a variety of techniques. A skilled upper cervical chiropractor adjusts your neck utilizing extremely accurate manual or instrument-assisted manipulations, which may be table-mounted or portable. These instrument-assisted neck adjustments are incredibly safe, accurate, and pleasant.
For cervical spine issues, there are two general chiropractic manipulation techniques:
Cervical spinal manipulation
Also known as a high-velocity, low-amplitude (HVLA) method or the classic chiropractic adjustment.
Cervical spine mobilization
A gentler/less intense adjustment or a low-velocity, low-amplitude (LVLA) approach that moves the joint through a comfortable range of mobility.
Combining different techniques changes from patient to patient and may be based on factors like:
- chiropractor’s chosen methods and preferences
- patient’s convenience and choices
- patient’s reaction to the therapy
- prior knowledge and observations made during therapy
Benefits of Chiropractic Neck Adjustment
We’ll go through some of the main benefits of getting a neck adjustment so you can decide if it’s suitable for you:
- Neck adjustments enhance cervical spine mobility. Aligning the vertebrae in the neck increases cervical spine mobility and maintains the range of motion.
- Neck adjustments promote the flexibility of the muscles surrounding the neck and alleviate discomfort.
- Neck adjustments allow for adequate healing of microtears and prevent micro scar tissue after a car crash.
How do patients feel after neck adjustments?
Patients experiencing neck discomfort from several causes notice that a neck adjustment improves their ability to turn and/or tilt their heads and reduces pain, tightness, and stiffness. Neck adjustments are also necessary to:
- Alleviate neck discomfort
- Lessen headaches and migraines
- Correct the upper cervical spine
- Reduce back discomfort, especially low back pain
- Relax muscular tension
- Regain cervical range of motion
- Enhance your sleeping habits
Frequently Asked Questions
- balance issues.
- chronic headaches
- chronic neck pain
- other health & neurological problems
- post-concussion syndrome
- shoulder pain
Because the corrected vertebrae have slightly changed in alignment for the better, your neck may become sore after the chiropractor has adjusted it. Don’t be concerned if you have discomfort in your muscles or spinal joints due to this. It indicates that alignment has occurred.
At Revolution Chiropractic Murfreesboro, our inclusive team of chiropractors and therapists is dedicated to each patient’s safety and pleasure. Our goal is to assist you in achieving your health objectives by using all-natural, low-risk therapy procedures that enable your body to recover.