Lower Back Pain Treatment In Murfreesboro
Back Pain Chiropractor
Whether you’re a professional athlete or a busy working professional, you’ve likely experienced back pain from time to time. Even though it is common to sometimes experience brief episodes of back pain, this can become a long-term and extreme problem. If you are feeling any form of discomfort in your back, seek out professional assistance right away.
Struggling with pain is never easy, however, a chiropractor may be able to provide you the much-needed relief. Chiropractors specialize in treating many issues and are experts when it comes to alleviating back pain.
Many treatment options are available at Revolution Chiropractic Murfreesboro, depending on whether the pain is in the lower back, middle back, or neck. Read this article completely to understand the symptoms, causes, and how to treat your back pain.
What is back pain?
Back pain is discomfort that can appear in any part of the back. The different parts of the back are the thoracic, cervical, or lumbar spine.
Back pain can be chronic and is commonly related to spine-related problems, such as a ruptured or herniated disc, whiplash, osteoporosis, degenerative joint disease, and/or muscle or ligament sprain /strain. Generally, the pain can be acute, especially if it is ignored over a while.
Back pain is also common after a fall or lifting heavy objects. It is essential to be careful about how you use your back during work or home activities.
Symptoms of back pain
Of all the types of back pain, the most frequent is lower back pain, known as lumbago. Some of the symptoms include:
- Dull ache
- Sharp shooting pain
- Stabbing pain
With complex spine disorders, symptoms can include:
- Numbness and tingling
- Pain in the neck, low back, and arms
- Radiating pain symptoms to the legs and feet in severe cases
Common Cause of Back Pain
Common causes of back pain include improper lifting, poor posture, lack of regular exercise, ruptured disc, back joint dysfunction, arthritis, and muscle spasms. A stress fracture or disease rarely causes it. Even when you have minor back pain, it is highly recommended to see a chiropractor. Early treatment often prevents long-term problems.
Long Term Problems Due To Untreated Back Pain
Ignoring back pain may seem like the best option right now, but there is a risk that the frequency and severity of exacerbations will increase over time. There is also an increased risk of degenerative disc disease with symptoms left unchecked and untreated. In some cases, symptoms of back pain can be from cancer and other serious illnesses.
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of low back pain can range from bed rest to surgery.
Among the standard therapeutic options are:
- Manual spinal manipulation
- Bed rest, especially when the pain is short-term
- Spinal exercises
- In severe cases, surgery
Suggestions For Pain Relief At Home
- The best advice is to let pain be your guide
- Pay close attention to your posture
- Sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees or on your side with a pillow between your legs
- Use cold therapy for the first 48 to 72 hours after an acute injury, and then use heat
- Use heat for gradual onset muscular pain
How Revolution Chiropractic Murfreesboro Can Help Treat Patients With Back Pain
Revolution Chiropractic Murfreesboro is the top chiropractic clinic in Murfreesboro for effective back pain, musculoskeletal, and body treatments. Dr. Oscar Noriega DC specializes in treating back pain using chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, and massage. He has been practicing for over nine years in Murfreesboro. Revolution Chiropractic Murfreesboro serves the following cities:
- College Grove
Know The Natural, Non-Habit Forming, Non-invasive Strategy For Pain Relief
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (615) 867-7693
You can also use the online booking tool below
How Do We Treat Lower Back Pain?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the signs of serious back pain?
You are probably wondering, how can I tell if my back pain is serious? There are seven signs that indicate severe back pain:
- Interferes with sleep.
- It does not go away with medication or rest.
- Numbness, tingling, or symptoms in the legs.
- The back pain is unrelenting and lasts more than a few days.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- It is very intense after a fall (indicates potential fracture).
- Intermittent symptoms that last more than a few months.
Which is the best painkiller for back pain relief?
Some people take OTC medicines such as acetaminophen, or ibuprofen, but these only provide temporary pain relief. We highly recommend that you see a chiropractor right away.
Do I have to consult a doctor if I have back pain?
It is recommended to see a chiropractor even if the pain is mild and temporary. We can identify the root cause and fix it before there is significant back damage. If it worsens over the days or does not improve and becomes chronic, it is recommended you see a chiropractor specializing in back pain.
How can I quickly get back pain relief?
Without professional help there is no easy way to get rid of back pain, There are home remedies to improve it like applying cold or heat to the painful area or using creams to relax the muscles.
How long will I have to take rest if I have lower back pain?
It depends on the type of pain. Typically, rest can be useful in acute back pain due to exercise or lifting, and usually about 2 or 3 days are enough.
- Home Remedy For Lower Back Pain Relief Sometimes, our back gets tired due to traveling or intense activities. In these situations, your body needs a health care reset achievable through a chiropractic spinal care rest position.
- How To Increase The Range Of Motion In Your Spine Here are 3 simple spinal pain relief exercises you can do at home for back pain relief.
- Active Sitting Can Help Relieve Back Pain Sitting for a long period without breaks for exercise can cause severe back pain. However, it can be more challenging for office employees or students who sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Chiropractor Or Medical Doctor For Back Pain? Many patients inquire if they should or could go to a chiropractor to get their back pain treated. Several studies have demonstrated that chiropractors can successfully treat back discomfort.
- Does Sitting On Your Wallet Cause Back Problems? Keeping your wallet in your back pocket can cause back pain due to spinal alignment issues. A person’s pelvis and spine tilt and rotate to the side when they sit on a hefty wallet.
- Can Sitting A Lot Cause Back Pain? Long durations of sitting can lead to obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. It also causes excruciating back pain that is difficult to treat with conventional medicines or surgery.
- Tips To Avoid Back Pain From A Chiropractor Back pain is a typical occurrence in modern life that many individuals simply accept and try to get through it.
- Essential Oils Complement Chiropractic Low Back Pain Treatment One of the foundational things we also recommend with chiropractic spinal care is using good high-quality Frankincense oil on your low back.