Chiropractor Care During Pregnancy In Murfreesboro, TN
Prenatal Chiropractic Specialist
Pregnancy is a beautiful and intriguing phase in a woman’s life where her body goes through numerous physical and hormonal changes to create the best environment for the growing baby.
However, these changes can put women at risk for more prolonged labor, longer delivery, and possibly severe complications like breech birth and C-section delivery. Our licensed chiropractor in Murfreesboro can help reduce nausea and pregnancy pains to give you a healthier pregnancy and birth outcome. Chiropractic treatments such as gentle spinal adjustments are effective for a healthy pregnancy.
Is Chiropractic Care Safe During Pregnancy?
Yes, prenatal chiropractic care is a safe and non-invasive alternative treatment. It helps provide back, hip, and joint pain relief. It also helps establish vital pelvic balance.
How Does A Chiropractor Help During Pregnancy?
Prenatal chiropractic adjustments can help:
- Provide hips, back, and joint pain relief
- Establish pelvic balance so that the baby has enough space to move head-first into the optimal delivery position
- Provide drug-free pain reduction
- Reduce nausea and vomiting through spine realignment and improve nervous system functioning
- Ease labor and delivery because prenatal adjustments keep the nerves that control the contractions and dilate the cervix in optimal health
- Provide an overall healthier pregnancy by improving the mother’s and baby’s overall health and reducing unwanted symptoms
Can Chiropractic Adjustments Cause Miscarriage?
Chiropractic adjustments offer no risk of a miscarriage. It helps reduce the chances of miscarriages.
We are trained to treat pregnant women. We ensure you are placed on a specially designed table so that your belly isn’t pressured during the chiropractic treatment.
But it’s always safer to consult your OB-GYN about the decision for chiropractic care during pregnancy. Your doctor may have some special instructions for the chiropractor.
Can A Chiropractor Help With Sciatica During Pregnancy?
Though you may want to take an over-the-counter pain reliever for instant sciatica pain relief during pregnancy, it should be a last resort. Chiropractic care is safe for treating pregnancy-related sciatica without the use of drugs.
We use chiropractic adjustments to help ease the compressed sciatic nerve and realign your vertebrae. As your posture constantly changes during pregnancy, you may need multiple sessions for optimal spinal alignment.
How Often Should I Go To The Chiropractor While Pregnant?
As your body undergoes so many hormonal and physical changes during pregnancy, you may need a series of prenatal care visits throughout the pregnancy.
It usually starts with one visit a month in the initial month and may increase towards the end of the pregnancy. Some mothers may even continue chiropractic treatment after the delivery for postpartum healing.
What To Expect At A Prenatal Chiropractor?
We will first assess your condition and take note of any instructions provided by your OB-GYN. We will then perform chiropractic adjustments on adjusting tables designed to accommodate your growing belly.
Pregnancy chiropractors are careful in using only techniques that do not place unnecessary additional pressure on the abdomen. You may also be taught some effective stretches to relieve tension and reduce discomfort.
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (615) 867-7693
You can also use the online booking tool below.
How Do We Treat Back Pain Due To Pregnancy?
- Is It Ok To Get Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy In Murfreesboro: The immense benefits of chiropractic care make pregnant women feel more relief from pain and strained muscles.
- Chiropractic Help During Pregnancy: With chiropractic care, pregnant women can have safe deliveries. Exercise, appropriate nutrition, supplements, and chiropractic care are effective ways to reduce these risks that might happen during pregnancy.
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Pregnant Mothers? Chiropractic care is a safe and effective form of treatment during pregnancy. It can help reduce the risk of complications such as back pain and pelvic girdle pain.