TIPS FROM A CHIROPRACTOR FOR SHOULDER PAIN RELIEF
Shoulder pain can signify a more severe condition and should not be ignored. Chiropractors are experts at determining the source of your discomfort and treating it accordingly. They will also help prevent future injuries by teaching you how to properly use your body when performing physical activities like lifting heavy objects or sleeping on your side with one arm under the pillow. Seeking chiropractic care in Murfreesboro is the best way to go. A professional will be able to tell you what’s going on and help you get back into shape.
Signs That You Need Treatment
- Persistent shoulder pain that persists for some days
- Difficulty in using your arms to carry objects
- Frequent shoulder pains with a history of mild and acute pain
- The occurrence of shoulder pain during your bedtime
- Injuries that result in deformities at the joint
- Difficulty in raising your arm
- Infection signs include fever, swelling, warmth, and redness
- Significant bruising or swelling around your arm or joint
The Best Treatments for Shoulder Pain
The cause of your shoulder pain should be identified before any home or medical treatment can be prescribed. You need a Murfreesboro chiropractor who will listen to your complaints and provide the best diagnosis for your condition. This will help to define an effective treatment plan that works for you. Shoulder pain treatments include:
Resting will help minimize the pain and inflammation in your shoulder. However, be careful not to sleep too much because resting for too long can result in a frozen shoulder. This is when the muscles around your shoulders become stiff and tight, making it difficult for you to move them. You should also avoid any strenuous activity that may cause further damage or injury, as well as heavy lifting during this period of recovery.
Heat and Ice Application
Heat and ice application is one of the most popular treatments for shoulder pain. It’s easy to use and effective in treating your symptoms. You will feel better after using heat or ice on your shoulder for just a few minutes every day.
Stretching and Exercising
It’s essential to know that stretching can be a great way to ease the pain. But if you stretch the wrong way, it could make your symptoms worse. So before you start any new exercise program or begin stretching on your own, talk with your doctor about what stretches are suitable for you and how often they should be done.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Neck and mid-back pain, which is usually transferred to the shoulder. Your chiropractor will examine your mid-back and neck when you complain of shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis and bursitis of the musculature of the rotating cuff which causes impingement syndrome.
- Frozen s houlder, which leads to restricted movement of the shoulder. It is not very common but is often misdiagnosed.
- Calcific tendinitis involves calcium deposits within a tendon, particularly the rotator cuff tendons. Treatment depends on the extent of the symptoms.
- Shoulder instability may be caused by an injury leading to dislocation or develop over time.
- Shoulder dislocation results from a traumatic injury, causing the shoulder joint’s ball part to slip out of the pocket.
- Acromio-Clavicular tear (ligament injury) due to the disruption of the acromioclavicular joint.
- The labral tear occurs in different patterns; hence specific treatment is needed in a particular pattern.
- Shoulder arthritis is rare, but you may require surgery for joint replacement when it occurs. Arthritic changes occur commonly on the acromioclavicular joint, which is between the shoulder blade and the collarbone.
- The rapture of the upper part of the biceps tendon can cause shoulder pain.
- Referred pain from internal organs like the heart (heart attacks), pancreas, and gallbladder can be felt on your right and left shoulders. Gallbladder pain can be felt through your right shoulder, while pain in your pancreas and heart attacks can be felt through your left shoulder.
Chronic conditions are often the result of a lifetime of wear and tear on your body. And when they’re not treated early, it can be challenging to treat them at all.Chiropractors in Murfreesboro are trained to screen for all chronic conditions before using any chiropractic care techniques and therapies. It is easier to treat chronic diseases when discovered early than developed over time.